I asked the Lord what I should write about today. Then I opened my Bible and here’s what He said:
Tell of His Wonderful Works!
1O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
2Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
3Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
4Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
5Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
So here goes..
1. O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. Thank you, Lord, that you are. Thank you that I can call on your name and that you hear me. Me! Thank you I have the freedom to tell people about your marvelous deeds. Thank you for all you do for us that love you and even for those who despise you. Thank you for saving me from sin and death by sending your Son, Jesus to die in my place.
2. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works. Everything you do is wonderful – even those things I do not understand. Especially those things. By your power, all things are held together: the water I drink, the ground I stand on, the atmosphere I breathe, the granite stone with our son’s name on it, the particles within the atoms of my bruised and hurting heart. You alone hold the universe together by the power of your might, by the force of your will, by the strength of your love.
3. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Your name is holy and pure. No other name under Heaven has the power to save a sinner or to raise the dead. Someday every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that you are Lord. You are my Savior. Every day I seek to be near you and I rejoice that you are always with me.
4. Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore. I need your strength. When I am weak, you are strong and carry me where I need to go; you make me what I need to be. Keep me close or I am nothing. I can’t wait to see your face.
5. Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth; Let me never, ever forget what I am without you. Everything you do is wonderful and right. Everything.
Below are two ways to hear the Twenty Third Psalm set to music:
Audio MP3 recording of Psalm 23 v1-6 sung to Crimond